Your #1 Source for Free Photoshop, GIMP & Paint Shop Pro Brushes

Set made by: Hawksmont
Number of brushes: 11
Made with: GIMP

Zippyshare download

(Votes: 29)

Set description:
Here is 11 glow effect brushes for GIMP.

Comments (27)
author  Posted by Dragonfly  (Sep. 27th, 2008 - 04:31 AM) #1
Hi...

Do you have glow and/or fractal brushes for psp too? I only use that program and have no idea how to open photoshop brushes :((

thanks!!
author  Posted by ykrizz  (Oct. 26th, 2008 - 07:44 AM) #2
hi!

just want to thank you for making this gimp brush! ^_^ it's very helpful!
author  Posted by randomnessmiie  (Oct. 26th, 2008 - 10:10 AM) #3
Oh,thx for this cute brushes i use it now...
author  Posted by Istral  (Feb. 7th, 2009 - 09:28 PM) #4
Thank you very much. I am appreciative. These brushes are great!
author  Posted by Utsukushii Tsubasa  (Jun. 13th, 2009 - 12:29 AM) #5
looks great when using dodged lighting.
thanks
author  Posted by kunaidude34  (Jun. 20th, 2009 - 12:30 AM) #6
ummm.......how do we use these?
author  Posted by Georgejet YO  (Jul. 28th, 2009 - 11:08 PM) #7
you can use this as gimp & photoshop brush just copy & paste the files in the gimp or photoshop brushes folder then re-open your photo editinq program then it'll be your new brushes...but Btw ; iLOVE your brushes, you do a GREAT job making them too (:
author  Posted by Milo  (Aug. 7th, 2009 - 06:49 PM) #8
I can't get the brush to show on my gimp its the newest version of gimp also...
author  Posted by grapista  (Aug. 31st, 2009 - 09:49 PM) #9
Did you out your gimp folder?[/b]

I mean did you put it on your gimp folder?
author  Posted by OldGregg  (Sep. 10th, 2009 - 02:30 AM) #10
Yeah.
I download//save gimp brushes all the time.
:]
Of course ((After downloading)); Open the file>>Extract all files>>Save the extracted files to your desktop. ((Like individually.))
I usually just drag and drop the brush image into the GIMP program.
Then oh you know, CTRL+C ((Or, Edit>>Copy)), and then Edit>>Paste As>>New Brush.
Name the brush whatever you like.
Do that for however many brushes there are, or to just the ones you want.
And yeah. You might've missed something?
So there's the steps for you.
Good luck.
:]
author  Posted by Vahi786BZP  (Oct. 7th, 2009 - 01:34 AM) #11
Cool. smile
author  Posted by Erica  (Oct. 25th, 2009 - 10:16 AM) #12
There is an easier way to add your new brushes... just download then right-click over the file name then click "Extract to..." to place all brushes (at the same time) from the zip file to your Gimp Brushes file. Well, that's what I do anyways, and it saves time.

Although, it could be credit to WinAce Archiver (a free "zip" program). If you're having too much trouble maybe you could download it and try it?

Anyways, great pack! They are so different than other brushes I've seen before! Many thanks!
author  Posted by Red-Indigo  (Feb. 13th, 2010 - 12:28 AM) #13
Wow, very helpful, I love this effect, other brushed can somtimes seem a bit 'dull'. Thanks for making these!
author  Posted by Gimppi  (Mar. 7th, 2010 - 09:24 PM) #14
Hi so I was wondering how can you cahnge the colour because whenever I save it as a new brush or whatever it always comes out as black or white :/
author  Posted by angie  (May. 21st, 2010 - 01:15 AM) #15
yo uso gimp es lo meo gracas por los brushes